History of American Lutheran
After a group of worshipers had met for services about a year, an organizational meeting was held on August 25, 1940 at the William Konold residence on Humiston Avenue. Twenty worshipers attended and took steps to incorporate the congregation, from then on known as the American Lutheran Church of Worthington, MN. Late in September of 1940, the building of a bungalow-chapel began. Its location was south of the present church. At its dedication on June 29, 1941, 23 charter members were listed. The first resident pastor was installed on March 31, 1946.
Construction of a brick church began in April of 1948, on two lots north of the bungalow-chapel. The new structure was dedicated on June 26, 1949 and the bungalow-chapel was converted into a parsonage.
The congregation continued to grow, and on September 8, 1963, a new building was dedicated. It had been built over and around the structure of 1949.
In 1985, an addition on the west side of the church property resulted in a new social hall, kitchen, nursery and Sunday School rooms.
The pastors who have previously served at American Lutheran are listed below:
|early 1940's||Conrad Rebelein|
|early 1940's||Carl Fink|
|early 1940's||Emil Reinking|
1948 - 1954
|1954 - 1958||Jerome Bangert|
|1958 - 1987||C.J. Fellger|
|1988 - 2001||Arlen Foss|
|1988 - 2005||Bill Blundell|